Sixth Form students and staff at St Martin-in-the-Fields High School for Girls are celebrating great results in this year's examinations. Success was achieved across a wide range of subjects including English Literature, Government and Politics, Sociology and Psychology. Students are being rewarded and are following their career aspirations, attending the best universities in the country to take up studies in their specialist subjects.
We are pleased that 44% of our students achieved A*-C grades, with 22% at the higher A*-B grades. We are incredibly proud of all those who have achieved their full potential with an overall 83% pass rate and here are some highlights of exceptional individual performances:
- Semanur (A*A*AAC) is St Martin’s top achieving student and has secured her place at University of Greenwich to study Criminology and Criminal Psychology. She achieved amazing A levels in Psychology (A*), Sociology (A*), Turkish (A), Extended Project (A), Biology (C) and an AS in Chemistry.
- Haleemat (A*ABC) is excited about going to the university of Birmingham to study Education and Sociology. She achieved A levels in Sociology (A*), Psychology (A) and Religious Education (B).
- Huila (BBBC) a former Head Girl achieved 4 A levels in Sociology (B), Spanish (B), English Literature (B), History (C). Huila is looking forward to studying International Relations.
- Tihana (BBC) is pleased with her A level results of Sociology (B), English Literature (B) and Computer Science (C). She is looking forward to going to University of Leicester to study Computer Science.
- Vincent (CCC) was one of few boys in the Sixth Form. He achieved 3 A levels - Religious Education (C), Economics (C), and Sociology (C). As he was only one mark away from a B in two subjects, he is hoping that a remark will give him a final result of BBC. He is looking forward to going to Coventry to study Economics.