What kind of work is set for homework?
Homework is always directly relevant to the topics being covered in class. It may be:
- practice of newly acquired skills;
- learning (facts in many subjects; new words in languages);
- finding our new information and encourage research techniques;
- reading in most subjects;
- creative and descriptive writing (e.g. English);
- writing about practical work done in class (e.g. Science, Technology);
- a practical task;
- completing work started in class.
The subjects given in brackets are only examples; other subjects may use each kind of homework. Homework may also be a project or coursework which often takes more than one week, and includes many of the different types of work listed above.