As a school, we have much to be proud of. Here are our top ten areas to highlight at a time when we welcome you to the St Martin’s family:
- A professional, dedicated, hardworking team of staff
- External Inspection: SIAMS Outstanding and Ofsted Good
- National Quality in Careers Standard Award
- Our embedded STEM programme
- Our overall exam results at Key Stage 4 placing us 8th (out of 17) in Lambeth (DfE performance tables)
- Our overall exam results at Key Stage 5 placing us 4th in Lambeth (DfE performance tables)
- Our exciting enrichment programme that includes The Duke of Edinburgh Award; residential trips to Wales, France and Spain, for Music, Drama and Sports and valuable work experience placements.
- The exceptional destinations of our 6th Form students who have secured places at many Russell Group universities, including Imperial College London (to read Medicine), Queens University Belfast (to read Chemical Engineering), Warwick University (to read Law), King’s College London (to read Chemistry) and Oxbridge
- Best Practice Representative in the Parliamentary Review
- A case study in a publication called Tackling Educational Disadvantage.
This is a very special and exciting time for you and your daughter as she moves from her primary to the secondary phase in her educational journey. St Martin’s is a community underpinned by our Christian ethos and our values of Service, Compassion, Justice and Perseverance. I am confident that your daughter’s time with us will be happy and filled with many achievements and successes.
Ofsted recognised the work we do with our young people and said “The motto of the school, Caritate et Disciplina – with Love and Learning is driven by all staff in a common endeavour to improve the life chances of all students”
We do hope that you will join us for our virtual events. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact the school and ask for Ms Debbie Pieroulli, Assistant Headteacher who is the lead for our transition programme. She will be able to answer any questions you have regarding these events, or about joining St Martin’s.