The central aim of the South London Sixth (SL6) is 'sharing excellence' and our success over time supports this ambition.
The SL6 comprises the sixth forms at Dunraven, St Martin’s and The Elmgreen schools and, from September 2018, City Heights Academy. SL6 offers the expertise, challenge and subject breadth of a large college within the supportive environment of a school which knows you as an individual. Students are based in one school but have the option of studying a course in another in order to ensure that they can access the best range of subjects for them.
THE SL6 ADVANTAGE
SL6 offers all that a traditional Sixth Form can offer – and more:
- High quality teaching
- Successful preparation for university and beyond
- Over 40 A level courses delivered by subject experts
- SL6 has supported 4000 students to A level success over the last 10 years
- SL6 students went to a range of Russell Group universities in 2015
- SL6 offers a range of enrichment activities such as the SL6 Ball
Key advantages for students are:
- The wider choice of subjects available
- Increased flexibility in setting up a personalised timetable
- The chance to meet new people and experience the excitement of study in a new environment as part of the preparation for university and the life beyond school
- The opportunity to benefit from a bespoke University Preparation (SL6 UP) programme
- An effective and supported transition from KS4 to KS5 with a Sixth Form mentor
- A wider choice of Enrichment and extra-curricular activitie
- An education that is matched to your specific needs and ambitions
Advantages for schools include:
- Partnership, support, challenge and shared knowledge.
- Economies of scale.
- A wider curriculum offer for a larger number of students than might be offered by one school alone to the benefit of students across south Lambeth and beyond.